Terri Noble's Non-blog

Thoughts, such as they are, of a mild mannered transgendered artist.

Tuesday, June 22, 2004

A great band - for how much longer?

My friend Chris Hall is an extremely talented musician and engineer. He has played in many bands with interesting names, and now he and a friend are starting their own engineering service (I designed their logo). Chris played all the instruments in my song "Goodbye Jamie," as well as having mixed and recorded it.
He has also introduced me to his friends who make up the terrific band known as Xingu. I first heard them at a mini-Woodstock style concert, then again at their first-CD-release party at the Warehouse in Tallahassee. Chelsea Luker is the heart and soul of Xingu, who wows the crowds with her soulful vocals and her mean tenor sax. And she's a sweet person on top of that. But Chelsea and her boyfriend Rob (frontman for Mars Retrieval Unit, for which Chris is drummer) plan to move from Tallahassee to Portland, Oregon. The others in Xingu do not want to follow. So I fear that their first CD may be their only one. Xingu may well die, unless they replace Chelsea.
I hope they get matters resolved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home